The appliances in your home are one of your biggest investments. When one breaks, it can be more than a headache—it can also make you worry about the cost of replacing it. That’s why Top Shelf Appliance Repair works to save you money. We believe you should be able to get your appliances repaired to like-new condition, at a fraction of the cost of buying a new one. Most importantly, we make the entire experience as fast, easy and hassle-free as possible.
Top Shelf has over 20 years of experience fixing appliances in University Place and across Pierce County. We earned a reputation early for providing the best service of any repair company—and we continue to rank as University Place’s #1 appliance repair company to this day. We can fix any kind of appliance you have, and we always show up when we say we will.
Don’t go one extra day without a working appliance. Let Top Shelf give you a FREE service call with your repair—and do it right. Call us at 253-486-9072 and get your appliances working today.
What kind of appliances do you repair in University Place?
Top Shelf works on all brands, makes and models, including older “retro” appliances and very new models. The most common appliances we get calls for include:
- Washing/drying machines
- Ice makers and ice dispensers
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Stoves and cooktops
What kinds of repairs do you do in University Place?
There are hundreds of ways an appliance can go wrong, and we know how to fix just about all of them. But there’s no doubt we get some types of calls more often than others. The most common fixes we do include:
- Fridge/freezer isn’t cold enough, comes in and out or isn’t cold at all
- Dishwasher leaves dishes dirty or won’t run
- Washing machine won’t spin or won’t start
- Washer fills with water, then never drains
- Leaks from any appliance involving water
- Overheating dryer
- Funny tasting ice from ice dispenser
- Broken cooktop
- Oven won’t heat, has cold spots or doesn’t have the right temperature
Even if your issue isn’t on this list, we can still help. Just pick up the phone and let us know what you need.
Is it possible to repair my own appliance?
Sometimes, yes. Even if you don’t think of yourself as “handy,” there are some easy solutions you can try for certain problems. For example:
- Make sure the appliance is plugged in
- Test the outlet by plugging something else into it, like a lamp
- If it’s a gas appliance, check that the gas line’s valve is open
- If it use water, make sure the water line is on and all valves are open
- For a broken ice maker, check the on/off switch. Often when ice piles up it bumps the lever “off.” All you have to do is pull the lever down and it may start working.
If the problem isn’t this simple, there may be a part that’s broken on the appliance. We respect DIY homeowners and, if you have the right tools and a little knowledge, you may be able to make the repair yourself. If not, we’re happy to be your backup plan. Always put safety first with gas and electric appliances!
What should I look for in an appliance repair service in University Place?
Lots of repairs companies know how to fix an appliance. But not all of them offer service. We have heard stories of repairmen showing up hours late, being rude or messy, not bringing basic tools or having to come back three or four times—or just never showing up at all! We don’t believe this is how “service” works and we think you deserve better. That’s why Top Shelf is committed to a few simple promises:
- We can come the same day you call us
- We arrive on time in a 1-hour window
- We back every repair with a 90-day warrantee
- We always arrive prepared
- We work with a wide number of distributors so we can get any part for any job
Get a Free Service Call Today
No broken appliance should be a major crisis—or a major bill. Let Top Shelf Appliance make your day go a little easier and save you money at the same time. We offer a FREE service call with your repair. Fill out the request form to your right or call us at 253-486-9072 and get your free service call today.