A broken appliance is a pain. Whether it’s been acting up for weeks or just suddenly stops working, it can ruin your day—but it does not have to ruin your budget. At Top Shelf, we can repair almost any problem with almost any appliance, and we do it fast & on-time. We can get your appliance running like new, with no need to replace it.
With over 20 years of experience, we have earned our position as the #1 appliance repair company in Lakewood and across Pierce County. We offer same-day service from skilled, friendly technicians who are always on time. Best of all, we offer a FREE service call with any repair.
Let Top Shelf Appliance Repair solve your appliance problems. Call us at 253-486-9072 and get your appliance working today.
What types of appliances do you repair in Lakewood?
We work on all kinds of appliances, including:
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Kitchen dishwashers
- Stoves & ovens
- Washers & dryers
- Ice dispensers/ice makers
We are happy to work on both older models and newer models, in homes or restaurants and businesses. We can service almost any brand of appliance.
What are the most common appliance repairs in Kent?
There are lots of ways an appliance can act up, and we have fixed just about all of them. But some types of service calls are more common than others. The most common calls we get are:
- A leak coming from a dishwasher or laundry machine
- A fridge/freezer that doesn’t get cold anymore
- Ice makers that have stopped putting out ice or have a funny taste
- Dishwashers that don’t run or leave dishes dirty
- Washing machines that fill with water and won’t drain
- Dryers that overheat or simply don’t dry clothes
- Broken cooktops
- Ovens that run at the wrong temperature or won’t heat up much or at all
If you don’t see your problem listed here, don’t worry. We work with all kinds of appliances and there are hundreds of ways they can go wrong—we can isolate the problem, tell you what it is and get it fixed fast. Just give us a call and tell us how we can help.
Can I fix my own broken appliance?
Yes, if you are a handy type, you may be able to fix it yourself. Also, there are some simple solutions that anyone can try. For example, we always recommend you check for a few things:
- Make sure that the appliance is plugged in
- If so, try another device in the same outlet to see if the outlet works
- For gas appliances, make sure the gas line is on with the valve open
- For appliances that use water, make sure the water line is on with the valve open
If you’re having a problem with an in-freezer ice maker, you may also need to check that it’s on. Ice sometimes bumps the metal lever into the “off” position and simply pushing it down to “on” may get it working again.
If none of these fix your problem, there’s a good chance that a part needs to be replaced. You can do this yourself if you have the skills and tools. We respect DIY homeowners and we’re happy to be your backup plan if the repair becomes too much. Always be safe with gas and electric appliances.
What should I look for in a good appliance repair service?
Look for good service. In 20 years, we’ve seen all kinds of repair companies come and go. Most of them have the technical knowledge to fix an appliance, but a lot of them fall down on service. That could mean showing up late, not bringing parts or tools, being grumpy with the customer, or simply taking forever to do what should be a fast and easy repair. You want a repair technician who is there not only to get something working, but to make your day easier and end the hassle you’re facing.
At Top Shelf Appliance Repair, we do that a few different ways:
- We offer same-day service
- Our technicians arrive on time in a 1-hour window
- We back all repairs with a 90-day warrantee
- We work with many distributors so we can get any part you need
Get A Free Service Call Today
Don’t let one broken appliance turn into a major headache—or major bills. Top Shelf will give you a FREE service call with your repair, do the job fast, and help you save money. Fill out the request form to your right or call us at 253-486-9072 and get your free service call today.